Fort Belvoir Young AFCEANs
Fort Belvoir Young AFCEANs serve the members of the AFCEA BELVOIR chapter, with the goal of making a unique and positive impact on the local community. We engage, unify and represent our young members within the Chapter, promoting leadership development, career development, networking (access to senior leaders), and giving back to the community. Our programs complement and enhance the goals of the AFCEA Belvoir Chapter.
Who We Are:
Our YAFCEAN members consist of professional members of the military, government and industry partners who are AFCEA members 40 and younger. While increasing the membership and visibility of YAFCEAN Belvoir, we hope to extend a value proposition to all our members for increased participation in Chapter activities. We will incorporate member ideas for activities which benefit YAFCEANs directly, and will also promote our focus our our chapter's most important mission: furthering the education of our area's youth.
Goal for Charter Year 2008/2009:
Our goals are to proactively attract and engage the Young AFCEAN Belvoir Chapter market; increase the membership and visibility of Fort Belvoir Young AFCEANs; and extend a value proposition to all our members for increased participation in Chapter activities. We welcome you as a new / potential Fort Belvoir YAFCEAN member. There are several additional benefits in being an AFCEA member.
Our theme this year is “Giving Back.” Through mentor-to-peer (with Senior Leaders in Industry and Government), peer-to-peer (with fellow professionals), and peer-to-community (with local schools), we provide networking opportunities for the next generation of leaders in the Communications and Electronics Arena. There are several opportunities to lead, volunteer, and enjoy the benefits of networking. Events and volunteer opportunities planned for this year include:
- Belvoir YACs Quarterly Dinner And A Leader Night – come join us for dinner and listen to one of our industry’s leaders provide insight into a diverse set of topics throughout the year (industry and government representatives will be participating).
- Mentor Program with Fort Belvoir Elementary School
- Belvoir YACs 1st Annual Golf Tournament
We also network closely and participate in events with our sister chapters in the Northern Virginia, D.C., and Maryland areas.
Advantages to being a Young AFCEAN:
- Great opportunities to network within industry and amongst government
- Volunteer events providing opportunity to help your community, your company, and your resume
- Discounts and admissions to Belvoir Chapter events (Industry Days, Holiday VIP Reception, etc)
If you are age 40 or under, and would like additional information on joining the Young AFCEAN Belvoir Chapter, please call Ashley Becker at 617-755-3530 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Join us on LinkedIn